We're still in the middle of moving, but the blog is now found at everythingisntnormal.com

Monday, May 5, 2014

Mission Possible, Still Failed

Hello all! Today, I had a mission that I've already failed. In case you're curious, here's the mission.
Complete a tutorial and take pictures, write the tutorial, edit the tutorial, and schedule it for tomorrow - all within an hour. 

Here's why I've already failed. Because it's already 11:00. I went to town and back. I have to go to work at 1:00. And I literally won't have any other time to do it. But it finally stopped raining, so there is that. But really, I went into town, intending to get the supplies I needed for this, with a budget for it too, and I didn't even do that right. See, I did a dry run last night, it went fabulously. But there was no real lighting for pictures and I didn't have enough supplies to replicate it. So I had a plan in my head and here's how it went.
  • Get up & take kids to school (daycare.) 
  • Go to the store & get supplies. 
  • Come home & play with supplies (take pictures) 
  • Write. 
  • Dress for Work. 
  • Work.
Here's what actually happened.
  • Got up, early at that. Scrolled through facebook, twice. Fell asleep.
  • Got up again when the big kid did. Congratulated him for not wetting the bed.
  • Laid in bed, scrolled through facebook. 
  • Woke up Miss Scarlet. She wet the bed. Sorry baby, you'll get it next time.
  • Supervised dressing, brushed S's hair, took daily instagram of her outfit.
  • Dropped them off at school.
  • Spent an hour in the bookstore. Buying nothing.
  • Came home. Checked time. Failed. 
Now? I'm going to get myself dressed for work, go back to town 45 minutes early, go to the actual store I need to go to, which isn't the bookstore, and get supplies. Tomorrow, I'll do the work I was supposed to. Somehow, between dropping kids off, meeting with the lady I'm cat-sitting for, and work - I'll do it. I promise. Shame on you facebook for being so addicting. To the bookstore. No shame upon you. Just stop being so sexy.

To check out the daily Instagram of Miss Scarlet's outfit, follow us at @yesthatshelby and/or search #missscarletren on instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comment :-)