We're still in the middle of moving, but the blog is now found at everythingisntnormal.com

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fitness 1.12

One of my goals for 2014 is to be healthy and fit, which I’m pretty sure is on everyone’s list in some way.
So I’m going to share a few of the things I’m doing to accomplish this goal. I have a really bad habit of eating right. I mean, it’s not all junk food all the time. I love fruits and veggies. But I also love sugary, gummy candies. Cake and cookies also top the list of foods I don’t really want to give up. So while I know flat tummies are “made in the kitchen” and eating right is the first step to feeling and looking good, it’s hard for me to motivate myself to limit my intake of “goodies.”

I feel like it’s easier for me to start with the activity portion of fitness and let the desire to eat right come from that. It’s worked for me before. I previously used Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred challenge video to lose weight and it resulted in me messing up my left knee pretty badly when I pulled my LCL (lateral collateral ligament.) However, I did purchase the same DVD again, because while I know I messed up my knee pretty badly before, it was a great workout that left me with tons of energy. I just have to focus on being careful.
Ultimately, I’ll finish out “the shred” and switch to yoga/pilates (or as my friend Becca likes to call it, yogilates) for long term maintenance activity.

Blender Bottle
As for my eating habits, I’ve done a menu plan for the next few weeks that I’m hoping helps. The long and short of my poor eating habits has to do with never knowing what to eat. I’m a good cook and I’ve made pretty great meals before, but switching to full time work has me beat by the end of most days and I need to be able to plan for it.

I’m also working on just not buying easy junk foods. This one should, in theory, be easy. But my self-control is clearly something that needs to be worked on just as much as everything else.

Anyway, if anyone has any fitness tips, links, etc. Let me know. You can also follow my Health & Wellness Pinterest Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comment :-)