We're still in the middle of moving, but the blog is now found at everythingisntnormal.com

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 is just another 365 Days

So what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't write up a goals list to share with all of you!? Not one. Which seems pretty consistent with my writing trends lately. But hey, read on and you'll see that should change with my goals.

2014 Goals
{Write More Consistently} This includes writing on here a least three times a week, writing at least 500 words a day for my current novels in progress, and writing at least one short story/article for freelance pitching per month. I'm not sure how many of you know that I've always wanted to write more. In 2009 and 2010 I wrote a fairly fun and consistent blog that related to being a military spouse and a first time mom. I quit writing consistently after about 14 months and then when my ex and I separated I shut it down completely. I started this one over a year later and have just been really slow with it. I want to change that. I also want to finish the two novels I'm fairly far into writing. Not to mention, my entire goal is to be able to just write books for a living, but having time for that is difficult while working a full-time "real" job so I'd like to be able to write freelance and make enough money to write my novels.

{Love More} I'm a loving, caring, sensitive person. That being said, I don't always show love to the people I love the very most, my kids. I'm so caught up on making sure they eat dinner, take baths, go to bed on time and learn new things that I sometimes forget to just love them. My daughter is naturally cuddly, so she's easy to show my love to. But my son isn't as much of a touchy, feely kiddo - so it's hard to remind him how much I love him. This year I want a complete habit change so that he will always have complete understanding of how important he is to me. Even if it means hugs for the smallest things and understanding of every situation.

{Have More Fun} I don't mean I'm going to go get vomiting drunk once a week. I mean I'm going to just absorb the joy around me. For the majority of 2013 I spent a lot of time with probably the most fun guy in the world. He laughs, he jokes, he dances for no reason, he plans activities, etc. But this extreme show of optimism and positiveness is something I haven't experienced such an abundance of in my entire life. I vow this year to just absorb all the fun and feel the positive energy that surrounds me. I'm excited for this already.

{Eat Healthier} This is probably a standard goal for everyone, but I really know it's something I have to do. I want to be fit and energetic and whatever I've been doing hasn't been working. It's possible I have some type of food sensitivity that causes it, but I get drowsy easily. So I'm making a promise to myself to eat better.

{Save More} This year I'm going to be moving again. I'm not sure when and I'm also not entirely sure of where, but it will happen. Moving cost so much money, the last time I had to move it was a really quick move and I couldn't afford to rent a storage space and ended up using the garage of a friend of a friend. Our entire household worth of belongings were then stolen and never have been recovered. Let me tell you, starting from scratch and realizing every day a new thing that you'll never see again, it's disheartening and devastating. So that's not going to happen again. I'm going to make every effort to save money so that I don't ever have to worry about financing an emergency.

I'm sure there'll be other things, but as of now, this is a guide for me to keep myself positive and progressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comment :-)