We're still in the middle of moving, but the blog is now found at everythingisntnormal.com

Thursday, September 12, 2013

I Made SOAP!

Recently a friend of mine wrote this blog post about how they recently completed Baby Step 1 of the Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps to Financial Freedom. I was instantly proud of her and also a little envious. I want to be debt free. I want to stop being fearful of whether or not I'll be able to make my car payment. I don't want to HAVE a car payment. I want to spend that $400 a month on me and my kids! I want to go on vacation damnit!

So over the last 4-5 days, as long as we're both on Facebook, we probably never shut up. I've learned so much from her and from Dave Ramsey. I've listened to his show every day for the last four days. I can hardly wait until the one this afternoon. I have printed the budget worksheets from the Dave Ramsey Website and I placed them in paper protection sleeves and I've worked out my budget several times over to put myself in good place to become "Gazelle Intense" and save, save, save. It's a hard time because I'm about to move into an apartment and there's deposits and furniture to pay for. But I budgeted for it, so guess what!? We're all good. I should finish the first baby step before Christmas.

Now, along with that, Bevin has been sharing her soap recipes on her website this week. After she posted her Laundry Soap Recipe I made my way out shopping and I spent $13.75 on supplies between K-Mart, Wal-Mart, and Lowes. (Thanks Lowes for being the ONLY place out of those three that sells 5-gallon buckets with lids!) Tonight I made up some laundry soap and not only does it smell GREAT in my kitchen but I've got some soap ready to put in bottles tomorrow!

Thanks Bevin for being a great coach and Dave Ramsey for being so inspirational!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comment :-)