We're still in the middle of moving, but the blog is now found at everythingisntnormal.com

Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Leaf

Hello Blog Reader Readers Reader. I originally wrote this in June after Nick and I went on a lovely hike on High Trestle Trail here in Iowa. I'm finally posting some finished drafts and doing a bit of writing. I hope you like this one, it's called; "A Leaf."

A Leaf
By Shelby Michalek

A leaf
A leaf up there
Up there, not falling down

Attached
Attached to that branch
That branch of that tree

You
You right here
Here beside me

We
We walk along
Along this path of green

I
I love you
Love your smile

Beard
Beard upon your face
Your face, I want to kiss it

Leaf
Leaf above my head
My head will hurt if I write another verse.

Poem
Poem that I wrote
I wrote this poem for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I look forward to your comment :-)